Roasted Asparagus + Lemon Soup [Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free]
Roasted Asparagus With Lemon: A Burst of Sunshine in a Bowl
There’s little better on a cold and gloomy day then a piping hot bowl of sunshine, a.k.a. Roasted Asparagus + Lemon Soup. The soup heats up the body while the lemon wakes up the senses and suddenly a gloomy day becomes new. And this soup is a healthy, nutrient dense treat to give yourself to boost your immune system and help fend off any winter bugs.
Smoothies are my usual thing, but it’s been so cold I don’t wanna even hold a cold smoothie. So I’ve been making a lot of soups because they’re such a great way to cram a bunch of healthy food into something easy and comforting to eat. It’s as easy as cutting up veggies and running your blender. So, let’s get to it.
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1/4 head Cauliflower
- 1 head Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews, soaked
- 1 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash asparagus and snap off ends.
- Wash cauliflower and cut large flowers into thirds. Make sure sizes are fairly uniform.
- Place asparagus + cauliflower on separate baking sheets.
- Roast asparagus for 25-30 minutes. You don’t want them to shrivel up too much.
- Roast cauliflower for 40-45 minutes. You want it well-roasted.
- Chop heads off asparagus for garnish.
- Place all other ingredients, except lemon zest + asparagus heads, into blender.
- Add 1 Cup of water.
- If needed, add additional water slowly while blending to adjust consistency.
- Blend on Soup mode or on high for 5 minutes.
- Fill your bowl + garnish with asparagus heads + lemon zest.
- Indulge + transform your day!
Thank you for checking out my recipe and, as always, thank you for choosing to go Vegan! If you are on Facebook, please follow me at http://facebook.com/veganmommaspage or opt in for the newsletter on my website. I always appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
☮ & ♡,
Suzie, The Vegan Momma