Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
This Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff Is Anything But Bland
I LOVE mushrooms. And I love creamy, cheesy, garlicky sauces. This dish was inevitable, but it was only recently that I thought to put the two together. I have a sensitivity to gluten but have always loved pasta (a lot), so I try to find different foods that lend a pasta-like texture.
I’ve made veggie noodles a variety of ways; using a potato peeler with zucchini, slicing bell peppers long and thin, roasted spaghetti squash, using a Noodler contraption, but sliced mushrooms with sliced onions, sautéed with salt and pepper, take the cake.
- 15 Mushrooms
- 1 large Onion
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- Vegan Garlic Alfredo
- Prepare the Vegan Garlic Alfredo Sauce.
- Slice the mushrooms and onions.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the mushrooms and onions with the lemon pepper, salt and liquid smoke.
- Heat up 2-3 tablespoons of water in a saute pan and add the veggies.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium high or until they are cooked to your liking.
- Plate and cover with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan.
Optional Serving Suggestions
You could go ahead and serve the Vegan Stroganoff over regular pasta, gluten-free pasta, zucchini noodles or anything else that sounds good to you. No matter how you serve it, I know that you and whomever your sharing a meal with will love it. This dish has been kid tested and Vegan Momma approved.
Thank you for checking out my recipe and as always, thank you for choosing to go Vegan! If you are on Facebook, please follow me at http://facebook.com/veganmommaspage or opt in for the newsletter on my website. I always appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
☮ & ♡,
Suzie, The Vegan Momma